Sunday, February 11, 2007

=====Is she all that I'm not???=======

Dedicated to all the lousy lovers who keep one eye and two feet, out the door.....

Is she all that I’m not?
Does she fill just the right spot?
Will she give you a thrill?
Betcha she paid the last bill.

You think she has what I got?
But you can’t teach,what can’t be taught.
She’s just a cheating thief
who hasn’t been caught…
And hook, line and sinker
you're just a silly fool who’s been wrapped and wrangled,
sold and bought.

‘Think she’s the cure to your ill?
Betch’a think she’s the real f*cking deal
As you walk blindly downhill,
‘don’t even know your own will.
Oh, but when she’s done, baby,
you most definitely will.

I here when she mates,
she goes in for the kill.
Too bad when she reaches it…
she’ll find there’s nothing left to steal.

And you thought I wouldn’t
but I can
and baby, I will.

So, is she really all that I’m not?
I guess you can’t lose what you never “got.”
What’s left to say, you’ve finally been caught.
And I haven’t even screamed, cried or fought.
You see, I replace what I lose
when I find that it can be bought.

You think I’m still yours
But baby,
I’m not.

So, here
I teach, the lesson
that you need taught:
for the record, she can have it all
everything...that...I...got.
I give it here without...
.a.
single-last-thought.
by shelbyshome
md.shelby copyright 2004-2024

Author's Comments:
"a fun, biting play on the boomerang that occurs when a cheating heart moves astray."

Reviews and Star Ratings for this poem:
***** 5 Star*****
"GOOD POEM. I WAS JUST BLOWN AWAY. . . ." Reviewed by: czymatry"good poem. I really like it. I . . ." Reviewed by: AlexaLGBabe"You go girl! Tell him like it . . ." Reviewed by: cranderson"This poem has so much truth it . . ." Reviewed by: wdcalhoun"This is a very good poem. There . . ." Reviewed by: Teri7"Great poem! Tell it like it is. . . ." Reviewed by: jacla"Drama Drama Drama. Though still a nice . . ." Reviewed by: Breathing41"I really liked this poem. I know . . ." Reviewed by: Dontjudge "I enjoyed that ride this piece took . . ." Reviewed by: Whitt22"Compelling consistant flow of thought from beginning . . ." Reviewed by: Neil Fraser "I LOVE this one..I feel very honored . . ." Reviewed by: littlebluehorizons "Good poem, I was astonished at the . . ." Reviewed by: Desu_666"This piece has great depth and the . . .” Reviewed by: Tom J"This is a comical poem, spoken about . . ." Reviewed by: Laughterby"i love it!!! send a copy to . . ." Reviewed by: MrsSchlosser"I'd be willing to bet, she's not. . . ." Reviewed by: fedbackwards"LOVED IT girlie this piece just like . . ." Reviewed by: J Byrd

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home